Thursday, February 17, 2005

BANDWAGON

I seem to be the last one of my friends who started a blog. The best part, is i KNOW at least one, maybe two, people don't know what a "blog" is, or where it comes from. And for those of you who do not know, it comes from the term "Web Log", originally used for programming developers to communicate with each other and interested parties on the progress of the programs, for either historical or developmental purposes.
So, just as email started off being a privalaged net-savy-only-please doctorates' method of communicating the highest level of importants.....and is now used for every day communication by five year olds....so does the weblog evolve into something everybody uses.

So holy crap, I'm not going to be the last one on this bandwaggon! I admit it, I'm joining it to be trendy. I'm wearing an abercrombie shirt right now. Back in the day, I would have graduated college without stepping foot onto campus if I had developped a weblog. Now I'm doing it just because.....well, am I jealous? Am I jealous I didn't do it first? Am I upset that people are doing it to be trendy? Both, but probably mostly the ladder. People boast their "blogs" on their webpages and talk about it without knowing what one is. And it pisses me off so much so that I now HAVE to get a weblog and be cool like the masses!

I am just overly venting because in reality, I'm sure most people know what a blog is...or maybe I'm just saying that as not to offend anyone who didn't know what it was. In any event, I'm writing again, and no matter the reasons I started.....it's going to be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment