Friday, February 18, 2005

Pizza In Video games


New day new blog. Btw, I hate that word because it makes me feel like a sell out.
They're starting to implement ordering pizza to online games. So now in order to receive pizza, you just type in /pizza, and it gets ordered. I'll type my prospective on that in a bit, but I don't have the energy now, as I just spent the past hour e-arguing it's necessity. And no, it's not just laziness, it has to do with progression. (well hey, maybe I do have the energy to explain it). It has to do with progressing our integration. Just like a hundred years ago someone said "if pizza is delievered, all people will become lazy." Now buisnesses order food all the time, just to get half an hour more productivity in the day. And the usefullness doesn't just come into play because video game addicts can now stay online longer. The big deal comes when programmers can click a few buttons and order food without hemming and hawing at the coffee pot with the rest of his fellow workers for an hour before ordering food. Midday hunger will evade people who like to work-till-it's-done. You know those moments of creativity, when you think you can work for hours and hours on end? Well that comes to an abrupt stop when you have to get up and collaborate your lunch time with a bunch of people , and spend the thirty seconds it takes to stop and talk to order food, and think about your credit card number, and all the other variables that get in the way of you continuing your stream of conciousness. Yeah, take that 2004 society!

When I was sick last week, stewie stayed in bed with me the entire time. I think Stewie logged about 40 hours of sleep in a 5 day pieriod. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment